Maggi's Rants

With a rant, I say...I'll make your day!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Desi Parents and Private Schools

What is it with Indian couples in the US and expensive elitist private schools? The new breed of desi parents believe that the ONLY education worth having is a private school eduation. Spending $800 every month on a pint-sized three, four or five year old who does not even know how to count till 800 yet is the right way to go, according to them. "Public school sucks," is their constant refrain. Well, if you have the money to spare, then so be it. However, can someone please tell me if every successful American attended a private school before making it big.

P.S. A so-called friend told me that I SHOULD send my kid to private school, like she is doing with her kids, because "even Bill Clinton attended private school!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>