Maggi's Rants

With a rant, I say...I'll make your day!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Distressing Dish Network

Ever since I acquired a Dishnetwork subscription I've been having trouble receiving channel 787 (Zee TV). When I try to watch Zee TV any time before 6.00 p.m. all I see is a blank screen or an error message that tells me that satellite signal has been temporarily lost. This happens EVERY SINGLE DAY. Of late, I have had this happening to me even on the evenings during weekends.
Everytime I call up customer support, I get a STUPID automated response recording that makes me do the same idiotic things like resetting my receivers, downloading the signal again, etc. I could walk through that routine with my eyes closed now, since I have done it so many times. Then, when I can finally get through to a human voice, he/she hems and haws and then gives me some kind of vague answers.
Last week, the guy I spoke to agreed to send someone over to have a look at the dish itself. Of course, I had to wait for 3 days with no transmission till it was "convenient" for a tech support person to show up at my door. He did show up, and he supposedly changed a switch and assured us that we would now be able to see our programs. It worked...for exactly ONE DAY. After that, same problem....
Today, I called up tech support again only to go through the whole irritating charade. Again, I have been promised help, but I have to wait till Tuesday so another person can find a convenient time to drive down to my house. One more weekend wasted!
Meanwhile, Dishnetwork has had no issues collecting my hard earned money EVERY MONTH. Why am I paying for services I have not received? When I ask to speak to a manager or a higher up over the phone, the customer service reps act like slippery con artists and will not put me through. Is this how Dishnetwork operates? Just because they have the monopoly and there is no other service provider who transmits Sony and ZEE, do I have no option but to grin and bear these irritants? Do they have no accountability? Maybe they should just put up a statutory warning sign like cigarette companies do..."Paying for [and setting up] a satellite dish in your backyard does not guarantee that you can switch on the TV and watch the program of your choice."
Can I PUHLEEZE get a positive resolution for this problem from someone who has some authority? Enough is enough!

2 Comments:

Blogger Libran Lover said...

Do you know if there is a regulatory body for Dish Network? Arizona Corporation Commission regulates utilities like electricity, water, telephone. Don't know if they regulate cable and dish connections also. If they do, complaining to them or threatening to complain to them could get a faster and more effective customer service.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Ms. Maggi said...

Hmm...didn't check that out yet. Thanks for the update. Will definitely check into it.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>